CALL FOR FREE PEST INSPECTION 800-246-0618
What are termites?
Termites are social insects which live in large colonies, and if not controlled can lead to great damage to wood items in and outside the home.
It is reported that New York, Long Island, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk and Manhattan have a high rate of termite infestation.
Our company provides termite control treatments in New York, covering Manhattan, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties of Long Island, with the capability of fighting termites with the latest termite control methods in the industry.
We begin our analysis with the anatomy of the termite. Termites are often mistaken for flying ants, but there are noticeable differences:
- Termite wings are equal in size while ant wings are shorter in back and longer in front.
- Termite antennae are straight while ant antennae are elbowed.
- Termites have less defined and thicker waists while ants' waists are narrow and pinched.
How termites enter your home in New York, Long Island, Queens, Nassau, Manhattan and Suffolk areas:
It is not news that termites are gradually working their way through homes in New York, Long Island, Queens, Nassau, Manhattan and Suffolk because over the years full control of these insects has not been achieved.
- Termites constantly forage and evaluate the quality and size of food resources as they seek out cellulose, which is the primary component of wood.
- Termites enter your home by following tree roots and construction conduits such as footers and pipes.
- Termites can enter the property with an opening as small as 1/32nd".
- Termites can be in your property for several years with very few visible signs of activity.
How can you tell if termites are present in or near your home in Manhattan, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties of Long Island?
Unfortunately, there may be little warning, but watch for these signs:
- Winged termites 'swarming' after a warm rainfall or doing the morning or evening.
- You see 'mud tunnels' appearing on the walls or under the windows or around the foundation.
- You see termite wings along your walls or window sills.
- Your floors and baseboards sound hollow when tapped.
Most importantly, if you suspect that you might have a termite problem, call our pest management professional who is licensed and trained to inspect your home and assess the need for termite protection to control these insects.
In New York, Manhattan, Queens, Long Island, Nassau and Suffolk, residents have focused mainly on other pest issues while termites have been continuing to destroy the wood in homes. In our company, control of termites is one of the important services on which we focus.
Termites are known to be destructive and there is a need to control them to protect our environment.
Call now to get the latest control measures put in place for your home in New York, Manhattan, Queens, Long Island, Nassau and Suffolk.